Effective Date: 04/20/2021
Job Title: Master Electrician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Field and Office Services
Location: Baker Offices in Mandaree, Alexander or New Town
Reports to: Division GOM
- I. Job Summary
The Master Electrician functions as the senior electrician and manages and oversees all levels of electricians and electrical projects. The Master Electrician is responsible for electrical work performed by the Company and is the license holder for the Company.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs electrical services and task in accordance with Baker Consulting Safety OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements and ensures crew/s responsible for are complying as well. This includes wearing and using all Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, required by Baker Consulting, OSHA, Customers, and any other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Practice awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (gas environment, high-pressure wells, oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, acts of vandalism, etc.).
- Proficiency in completing electrical installations on facilities including but not limited to production equipment, locations, midstream facilities, and downstream locations.
- Coordinates and schedules appropriate manpower necessary for the execution of contracted work and within projected budgets. Interfaces with customers, general contractors and government authorities as a representative of the Company. Obtains material pricing and develops partnerships with vendors. Performs site surveys, estimates, completes layout and field design for electrical projects, and completes proposals per project scopes.
- Assign duties to others and give direction.
- Proficiency in completing job related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Able to train other employees.
- Proficient in building and completing bids and proposals.
- Required to lift and move materials greater than 50 lbs.
- Performs general groundwork, electrical, construction, and paperwork tasks.
- Other duties as may be required.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job supervises up to 4 crews.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, MVR, and criminal history
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with coworkers and other companies on site and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Be able to read, understand, and troubleshoot motor control circuits
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, equipment, and parts used in oilfield operations.
- Carries SME and National Electrical Code licensing.
- At least ten years’ experience in a similar position, managing crews in the oil and gas industry.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Master’s License
- High School/GED and three (5) years in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Currently hold or have the immediate ability to obtain industry standard safety certifications including OSHA10, Safeland PEC, First Aid/CPR, H2S awareness, confined space, among others including customer specific orientations.
- V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, legs, and finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds occasionally;
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms and on common equipment utilized in the gas and oil industries.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: Supervisory in an oilfield environment.