- I. Job Summary
Must have the ability to work outdoors, in various construction site settings under direct supervision. Responsible for successfully supporting a team or crew providing maintenance and construction services in multiple trades.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned, this position is diverse and job duties may vary on a daily basis.
- Under direct supervision, performs oil field related services and task in accordance with Baker Consulting Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies and Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) requirements. This includes wearing and using all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required by Baker Consulting, OSHA, Customers, and any other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Use a variety of hands tools, vehicles, and equipment in accordance with the work requirements of this role.
- Read and follow directions given by supervisors to complete tasks. This can include blueprints or drawings provided by Baker management or Customers.
- Completes daily paperwork as assigned by management.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned. This may include office, shop, or training duties when placed on restricted work duties from designated medical providers.
- V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Required Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms and on common equipment utilized in the gas and oil industries.
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor in an oil field environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, MVR, and criminal history
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with coworkers and other companies on site and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- High School/GED.
- Six months experience in a position servicing the oil and gas, construction, or mechanical industry.
- Currently hold or have the immediate ability to obtain industry standard safety certifications including OSHA10, Safeland PEC, First Aid/CPR, H2S Clear and/or awareness, confined space, among others including customer specific orientations.