l. Job Summary
Align, level, and anchor machinery. Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools. Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps. Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment. Dismantle and store rigging equipment after use. Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools. Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets. Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules. Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials. Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability. Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals, schedule, and divisions
- To ensure that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment
Prime responsibilities and duties
Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the rigging / erection work scope is completed safely. Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable instructions, associated procedures and drawings. Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Valid driver’s license - clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Demonstrate commitment to safety
- Flexible – able to comply with company and customer requirements
- Ability to work with other disciplines
- Confident – ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
- To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, legs, and finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms and on common equipment utilized in the gas and oil industries.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor in an oil field environment.