Class A CDL Driver
Job Title: CDL Class A Truck Driver
Department: Operations – Trucking
Location: Williston, Alexander, and Watford City ND
Reports to: Division Manager
I. Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced and safety-oriented driver to join our team in Alexander. This is a fast-paced work environment in order to meet all deadlines with minimal supervision, in a stable private company, that puts employee’s first. The Class A CDL driver position consists of operating Side Dumps, Step Decks, Winch Trucks, etc..
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operate large equipment services and tasks including step decks, side dumps, and winch trucks tasks in accordance with Baker Consulting Safety OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements, includes wearing and using all Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, required by Baker Consulting, OSHA, Customers, and any other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Practice awareness concerning issues of health, safety, and the environment. Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems, as well as knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe, driving, hours of service, load securement, inspections, and maintenance.
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality. Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance.
- Regularly clean and/or service depending on circumstances, equipment to preserve its quality and functionality.
- Proficiency in completing job related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Required to lift and move materials greater than 50 lbs.
- Ability to use a variety of hands tools and equipment in accordance with the work requirements of this role.
- Performs general groundwork, mechanical, construction, and paperwork tasks. Including positioning blocks and tie downs to secure cargo, clocking in and out, etc..
- Coordinate with Dispatcher on delivery, breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, etc..
- Have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems, as well as knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe, driving, hours of service, load securement, inspections, and maintenance.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Perform light duty tasks in situations when unable to complete regular assigned tasks. This may include office, shop, or training duties when placed on restricted work duties from designated medical providers.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties currently.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, and background check, which will include previous employment check, MVR, and criminal history
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with coworkers and other companies on site and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, equipment, and parts used in oilfield operations.
At least two years’ experience in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license and current medical card
- Willingness to learn, team player, demonstrate the ability to work independently, excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to maintain the safety of the work environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Currently hold or have the immediate ability to obtain industry standard safety certifications including OSHA10, Safeland PEC, First Aid/CPR, H2S awareness, confined space, among others including customer specific orientations.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, legs, and finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds some of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor in an oil field environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- $26-$32 Starting - DOE
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA, Life Insurance, Simple IRA