Air Support Technician
Effective Date: 4/4/2022
Job Title: Air Support Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Baker Office, New Town, ND
Reports to: Air Support Supervisor
I. Job Summary
Must have the ability to work on an oil and gas site with limited to no supervision. Responsible for successfully supporting operations based around upstream, midstream, downstream projects. Responsible for the safety compliance in Baker Consulting air trailer operations.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. With limited or no supervision, ensures the following:
- Providing safety support for customers on sour service locations for Workover Rig Division and other operations
- Set up and maintain air supply trailer, running air lines, tracking oxygen tank levels in SCBA’s and large breathable air tanks with SARS
- Using and maintaining SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) 30 min escape pack, inspect SCBA’s for damage
- Using and maintaining SARS (Supplied Air Respirator) 5 minute escape pack, inspect SAR's for damage
- Air sampling for H2S, O2, CO, and LEL’s
- Participate in safety meetings
- Clean shaven and all proper PPE required per location or customer specific
- Maintain organized records and create field tickets
- Depending on workload, may be assigned to other tasks in other departments within Baker Consulting.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position directly reports to HSE Manager and/or Air Safety Supervisor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- H2S Clear for Energy
- H2S and Respirator Protection with Rescue Simulation
- CPR/First Aid
- Familiar with H2S required equipment
- Ability to hookup, pull, and backup a trailer
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Oilfield experience preferred.
B. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools, equipment, and parts used in oilfield operations.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the workday:
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 80 pounds
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements during the workday
- Normal setting for this job is customer specific
- Expected work schedule can include weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed--continuous on call basis
- Must stay in constant contact with Air Support Supervisor.