Effective Date: Open
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: All Baker Facilities (Mandaree, Alexander, New Town)
Reports to: CFO/COO – Indirectly to the CEO
- I. Job Summary
Manages the information system functions and related projects of Baker Consulting in accordance with established objectives, plans, procedures, policies, and budgets that results in reliable, secure, supportive service for all company personnel.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. With limited or no supervision, ensures the following:
- Provides overall leadership, planning, development and project management of the company’s information, network, and security infrastructure.
- Develops and implements a long-range technology plan.
- Coordinates network and server operations and system design.
- Ensures confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information and corporate intellectual property.
- Implements network security and disaster recovery planning.
- Creates and updates network diagrams and equipment inventory.
- Creates, updates and executes a security response plan.
- Recognizes new developments in Information Systems technologies and will anticipate, test and implement organizational modifications.
- Acts as the contact to third party software vendors and assists end users in determining IT requirements and solutions.
- Provides effective business solutions to all departments.
- Responsible for all hardware and software maintenance.
- Provides advanced computer desktop support, including troubleshooting computer desktop problems, attaching or removing devices needed by users, loading desktop software applications and ensuring that the computer network is functioning properly to meet user needs.
- Responds to support requests for systems by staff and third-party vendors.
- Provides information technology administration services, including maintaining and issuing of passwords, ensuring or performing a back-up of essential computer server data, updating a current data recovery plan and managing the security system protocols and procedures.
- Maintains the telephone, internet, and fiber communication equipment.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no immediate supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- A. Education and Experience
- Two to four years of related experience in a position involving working in a team setting, developing plans, programs, budgets, goals, and control to measure results desired or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of network systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or Engineering.
- B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Follows policies and procedures; upholds organizational values; works with ethics and integrity.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Manages difficult or emotional personnel situations; responds promptly to personnel needs; solicits personnel feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to new and to others’ ideas.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continually build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect in actions and speech; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands.
- Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Maintains and promotes a positive, professional attitude.
- Views the company as a unit of interdependent functions and assists when needed.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Conducts other duties and tasks as assigned.
- V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 20 pounds on occasion.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (sitting for extended periods of time, typing for extended periods of time, utilizing phones and computers for extended periods of time, etc) most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: Office type environment.